An explosion in a Japanese nuclear power plant on Saturday was caught on video:
So far it is known that the explosion tore down walls of the facility, released radiation and increased fears of a meltdown at the nuclear facility in Fukushima Prefecture about 160 miles north of Tokyo.
The extent of the radiation leak is unknown, but Japanese officials are attempting to cool the nuclear reactors with seawater. Civilians in a 12 mile radius around the facility have been evacuated.
Authorities believe that the explosion is the direct result of damage caused by Japan’s recent 8.9 magnitude earthquake and the following tsunami on Friday.
- Japan Tsunami Rocks its Coast – 6 Videos
- Raw Samoan Tsunami Footage: Photos and Video
- More Footage of Samoan Tsunami Destruction
- Wow! Samoan Tsunami Footage Shows Large Wave Swamping FBI Office – Video
- US Marine Throws Puppy Off Cliff – Video