A new Emirates Airlines, double decker, Airbus A380 Jumbo jet en route to London’s Heathrow Airport is struck by lightning in midair, and it is all caught on video by a passenger on another plane.
Londoner Chris Dawson was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and was smart enough to prepare his camera to obtain some rare footage. The A380 Airbus is capable of carrying over 500 passengers, however they were all safe because lightning strikes are taken under consideration during the design of airplanes.
Jets are designed with a metal outer skin that is designed to absorb lightning strikes, and several planes each year are struck yet they all survive.
Isn’t technology amazing! Even though these airplanes are giants in the sky, they are capable of withstanding direct strikes from bolts of lightning carrying thousands of volts of electricity.
- Man Struck by Lightning Caught on Video
- Air France Jumbo Jet Clips Delta Jet in New York – Video
- Incredible Pilot Lands on Only One Wing – Video
- US Marine Throws Puppy Off Cliff
- Puppy Throwing Monster of a Girl Drowns Puppies – Caught on Video